Senior Associates support senior leaders to source and manage Blue Meridian’s relationships with select investees and develop innovative scaling plans and / or investment roadmaps to help them achieve greater impact. Senior Associates may also support ‘innovation initiatives’ to expand Blue Meridian’s work.
New York City
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Support Relationships with Investee Organizations
With senior team members’ guidance and collaboration, a Senior Associate will:
- Contribute to, and sometimes lead, activities including research, conducting interviews, and analyzing data to support Blue Meridian’s sourcing and due diligence efforts to explore potential investment opportunities
- Contribute toward investee leaders and their teams’ receiving excellent relationship management and support from Blue Meridian. Earn and maintain the respect of investees and be a trusted point of contact.
- Support the development and implementation of investee scaling plans and / or investment roadmaps that support the basis of investment recommendations. Support preparation of investment recommendations and help craft performance milestones with investees and chart a roadmap for success.
- Take ownership of investee performance reports, capturing current performance, risks, and future potential. Prepare materials and talking points for Partner and other updates.
- Contribute to the design, participate in, and sometimes facilitate investee meetings, strategy sessions and performance reviews.
- Recommend and participate in learning and evaluation activities to guide the evolution of programmatic work, including helping to develop convenings to review opportunities, challenges and progress across the fund and its investees.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop and implement program strategies to achieve significant and scalable impact, report regularly on the progress of those strategies, and recommend strategy adjustments to deepen the fund’s impact.
Support Innovation Initiatives
To expand our work and enhance our competitiveness, Blue Meridian will develop from time to time “innovation initiatives.” Team members will typically dedicate part of their capacity to cross-staffing these initiatives, depending on their skills and experience as well as team members’ interests wherever possible. The proportion of time spent on innovation initiatives will vary according to factors such as the needs of the initiative and the individual’s role on the initiative.
With senior team members’ guidance and collaboration, a Senior Associate will contribute to, and sometimes lead, activities that may include:
- Project planning and management
- Conducting research
- Developing concepts, strategies, and proposals
- Developing, implementing and evaluating new programs.
- Senior Associates must believe in Blue Meridian’s mission.
- At least seven years of professional/advanced academic experience in finance, management consulting, philanthropy, economic mobility, social justice or a related field in the private or public sector are required. Knowledge of or experience working in the criminal justice field and/or lived experience interacting with the criminal justice system is required. Knowledge of or experience working in policy, advocacy, and/or social services is highly desirable. A Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree in a related field (e.g. business, law or public administration) is desirable.
- Strong relationship skills, with the ability to represent Blue Meridian externally.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Sophisticated and diverse analytical skills and facility in quantitative and qualitative methods are ess
- Experience in building and maintaining performance measurement systems/reporting.
- Strong project management skills, including experience managing complex, multi-year projects.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are essential, including the ability to present to senior groups and craft well-written prose and PowerPoint materials.
- Demonstrated strategic and highly rigorous professional approach, balanced by a flexible and empathetic demeanor and responsiveness to the needs of others.
- Sound judgment and discretion, seeking input and feedback, listening well and sometimes making difficult decisions independently while understanding the need for collaboration and leadership’s endorsement of results. Open to finding creative, alternative solutions to challenges and disagreements that may arise.
- Results-oriented, with a track record of executing against agreed goals and deliverables.
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint is a plus.
- Willing to travel as needed.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary that falls in the $90,000 to $100,000 range, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
- writing sample
Please send your application to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Senior Associate, Criminal Justice” in the subject line and let us know where you found our job post.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.