The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as an extension of the CEO, regularly representing and responding on the CEO’s behalf, and serving as the liaison between the Office of the CEO and the Blue Meridian and Edna McConnell Clark (EMCF) Boards and their committees, Partners, and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The Executive Assistant will be part of a team that supports the Office of the CEO, and will work very closely with the other Executive Assistant and other team members.
New York City
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains close relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including Board members, Partners, high net worth philanthropists, and the assistants for each, serving as liaison between them and the CEO.
- Plan and organize Board, Partner and committee meetings well in advance, and organize logistics required.
- Working with others in the Office of the CEO, ensure a calendar for the preparation, review and assembly of Board materials is developed well in advance and communicated to all parties involved. Support the timely assembly and delivery of materials.
- Prepare external documents for the Boards and Partners on behalf of the CEO to ensure they are created and assembled on time.
- Organize travel arrangements for Board members and Partners as required.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and others to develop Board and governance committee meeting agendas, materials and minutes, and preserve governance documents electronically and in print. Subject to election as an Officer, may serve as Assistant Secretary to the EMCF and / or Blue Meridian boards.
- Support the organization of Board and Partner events. Responsibilities may include selecting sites, organizing logistics and catering, etc.
- Support the CEO in fundraising activities including maintaining / updating data in the Contact Relationship Management system, working closely with the Development and Investor Relations team.
- Partner with the other Executive Assistant to the CEO to ensure seamless administrative coverage at all times.
- Act as a resource to the other staff in the Office of the CEO and administrative staff.
- The Executive Assistant must share Blue Meridian’s mission and be driven by personal values that align closely with Blue Meridian’s core values.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, including several years as Executive Assistant to the CEO of organizations comparable to Blue Meridian. Experience as liaison to the Board and of the administration of governance activities in general is required. An undergraduate degree is a plus.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including drafting emails, letters and memoranda, minutes, and proofreading. Able to communicate professionally and effectively in person, electronically or by phone.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent computer skills with the following or similar tools: Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Microsoft Outlook, including calendars, meeting schedules and invites, distribution groups; Adobe Acrobat or other PDF writer; data management software, such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM; Microsoft SharePoint; internet research; and experience integrating various technology tools.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to use and show discretion, make sometimes difficult decisions independently, and effectively solve problems.
- Some travel required.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary with the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
- cover letter
- writing sample
Blue Meridian Partners has contracted Core Staffing to support our recruitment efforts. Please send your application to Natalie Leonard, email@example.com. Be sure to include “EA, Board Liaison” in the subject line.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.