The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO, providing critical administrative support and managing the CEO’s calendar to help leverage her time. The Executive Assistant also serves as an extension of the CEO, regularly representing and responding on the CEO’s behalf, and serving as the liaison between the CEO and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains close relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including board members, Partners, high-net-worth philanthropists, leaders of other philanthropic institutions, and BMP staff, serving as liaison between them and the CEO.
- Represent and intercede on behalf of the CEO in person, by phone and in written correspondence as needed and appropriate.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, using good judgment to set priorities appropriately.
- Prepare internal and external documents on behalf of the CEO, working closely with the Chief of Staff.
- Organize travel arrangements for the CEO and board members and Partners as required.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer, serve as Assistant Secretary to the EMCF and BMP boards (subject to election as an Officer), developing board and governance committee meeting agendas and minutes, and preserving governance documents electronically and in print.
- Help organize events including board, Partner and staff meetings, and site visits. Responsibilities may include selecting sites, organizing logistics and catering, etc.
- Manage administrative duties such as preparing expense reports and requests for reimbursement, messenger services, and filing electronic and print records.
- Act as a resource to the Chief of Staff and administrative staff.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, including several years as assistant to senior executives of organizations comparable to Blue Meridian; an undergraduate degree is a plus.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including drafting emails, letters and memoranda, and proofreading. Able to communicate professionally and effectively in person, electronically or by phone.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent computer skills with the following or similar tools: Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Microsoft Outlook, including calendars, meeting schedules and invites, distribution groups; Adobe Acrobat or other PDF writer; data management software, such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM; Microsoft SharePoint; internet research; and experience integrating various technology tools.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to use and show discretion, make sometimes difficult decisions independently, and effectively solve problems.
- Some travel required.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes a competitive base salary, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
- cover letter
- writing sample
Please send your application to EMCFcareers@emcf.org. Be sure to include “Executive Assistant to the CEO” in the subject line.
The Edna McConnell Clark Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.