Reporting to the Chief Development Officer while also receiving guidance and input from other senior leaders, the Director is responsible for helping to shape Blue Meridian’s strategy for fund raising and engaging current and prospective Partners and other investors. The Director will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the implementation of the fundraising strategy.
New York City
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the ongoing development of the fundraising strategy and approach, working with the CEO, CDO and other senior leaders.
- Coordinate fundraising activities across multiple funds / portfolios.
- Undertake market analysis to identify prospective investors. Develop opportunities for introductions.
- Organize and run the fundraising team meetings and ensure timely follow-up on actions.
- With the Finance team, help structure deals and agreements and track commitments.
- Ensure appropriate communications materials are developed / revised for prospect meetings.
- Ensure senior leaders are briefed ahead of prospect meetings, and on occasion, attend the meetings.
- Supervise Associate position.
- The Director must share Blue Meridian’s mission and be driven by personal values that align closely with Blue Meridian’s core values.
- An undergraduate degree and at least 10 years of hands-on experience in large scale fund raising is required, ideally through building networks of high net worth individuals and / or Foundations. Experience with strategic philanthropy is desirable.
- Exceptional written communications skills including the ability to draft presentations, letters and memoranda; synthesize a large amount of material into briefer documents, compose clear, succinct emails and reports; and proofread materials.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to balance a meticulous and highly rigorous professional approach with a flexible and empathetic responsiveness to the needs of others. While skilled at thinking and working independently and advocating own point of view, respects and solicits the contributions of others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with and lead people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly. Experience with content management system (CRM) highly desirable.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
- cover letter
- writing sample
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Director, Development” in the subject line and let us know where you found our job post.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.